Thursday, March 6, 2008

So Disturbed

Late last night I was watching Nancy Grace talk about the freshman sorority member Lauren A. Burk from Auburn University who was killed recently. I'm not an avid news watcher but I was suffering from my usual insomnia and happened to turn to it. Lauren was shot and later died at the hospital and what's even worse is the idiot who killed her had the nerve to set her car on fire. Destroying evidence maybe? What could this girl have possibly done to deserve this?Or better yet, why would someone do this to her? I mean this is completely insane and is still an unsolved mystery at the moment. Gosh I really wanna know the details on this one. But honestly while I was watching this story, I was thinking of a girl that was killed the latter part of last year at my school. A girl named Latasha Norman was kidnapped off of our school campus (actually very close to the building I take most of my classes in) and stabbed to death by her boyfriend. She was missing for days and authorities finally found her body on the side of this deserted street among beer bottles and other trash. I mean things like this are ridiculous. The world has gone mad! But on top of all of these things, I was shaken by the death of a former high school classmate. I was informed today that she was recently shot in the head and burned. It overwhelms me with emotion and I wanna just cry my eyes out because this is close to home. These were bright young women that had futures ahead of them and some SELFISH, AWFUL, SICK & DISTURBED individuals took their lives. What gives any human in this world the right to take a life? It seriously angers me. I feel so awful for these girls because they didn't have a chance to live their lives and then I think.....maybe they're better off than me. At least they don't have to endure the troubles of this sick world. And yes it is SICK.

No comments: