Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Recap of Barack Obama/Russell Simmons shindig

Yesterday I attended the assembly for Barack Obama at my college and it was quite interesting. Aside from the fact that there was a neverending line to the location of his appearance and that we waited until forever for Barack to actually make his appearance, it was cool to be a part of history. Ok so yay for Barack BUT..........I have to comment on something about Mr. Russell Simmons. My friends and I are standing on the plaza at school awaiting his arrival, and he comes out with his two hats on. Wait...why does he have two hats on??? Wait...the hat on top is a Jackson State hat and who knows what type of hat was on the bottom. Ok so maybe we were going a little bit far with this but it's something to think about, we concluded that he thought our Jackson State hat wasn't worthy of touching his head. Lmao! (had to laugh for a second) I mean come on, just as easy as Mr. Simmons put that first hat on he could have taken it off and put our hat on. Come on! Show a little sincerity. I mean we all know how crazy ya boy is. We've all watched Run's House, lol. AND I discovered yesterday while searching for an image of Mr. Simmons that he and Barack rubbed each other the wrong way at one time (check this link out for further details http://www.openentrance.com/2007/05/09/russell-simmons-calls-barack-obama-a-mouse/). But hey glad to see that he was supporting him yesterday even if he didn't let our hat touch his little bald head, lol. One big happy family :)

Wellllll in more current news, I've finished my last midterm today and I am ELATED! Have a great feeling about the rest of this week although we still have class (groan) and I'm super excited about Spring Break which starts on Saturday for me! Houston get ready for my grand reappearance! Today is a new start as is everyday and I shall make it my goal to end it well and be ready for what the next day brings. Learn from your mistakes. Live good. Love yourself.

No comments: